Sunday, August 19, 2007

RAINDROPS - On a stained glass



CATEGORY : Analogical


Raindrops...falling carelessly...
Resembles my careless emotions,


Raindrops...dripping in melodious chorus...
Coincides with the rhythm of my heart-beats,


Raindrops...dotting the surface in asymmetric semi-circles...
Reminds me of the fragments of those broken promises,


Raindrops...blinking playfully at each other...
Reveals the secret story of my twinkling desires,


Raindrops...perfumes the body of earth...
That intoxicating fragrance takes my delight to the land of Utopia,


Raindrops...coats the green-leaves with silver-silhouettes...
Stains my brittle glass-mind with different hues,


Raindrops...running down my face...
And has wiped off my tears...for no one can ever see me crying,


Flashes of lightning enters my half-lit room...
Breaks the mirror...and breaks my reflected image too...

And the growling clouds...brings me jolted back to reality again.
..

2 comments:

Unknown said...

wow! so nicely draw the analogy between raindrops and human-feelings, amazing! also like to put complements for your orkut album (with so touchy-captions)

Fortified said...

Why negative ideas always come in all poems at the end? Are you a pessimist?