Sunday, August 19, 2007

D E P A R T U R E



CATEGORY : Pessimistic

On the last day...
I turned back to see him once again,
My eyes could see none in disappointment...
Got only a series of footprints on the floor
Bracing myself against the wind,

Could hear his voice whispering in my ears...
Could feel his shadowy presence in my heart beats,
But my eyes could see none in disappointment...


Some strange feelings of familiarity
Were floating around in my thoughts...
Some unspoken words,
Including some unasked questions,
Some never-meant-to-be-fulfilled desires
Some unforgettable moments with sparks
Strokes of colorful shades in my black-&-white canvas
Had gradually woven a phase with golden threads
Still I can remember those days...
But now it's all torn stretching the holes within...
Leaving a deep scar in mind...


Life goes on...every day a bit ahead...
New stories keep on being processed...
Stories of daily failures,
Stories of numerous unrealized dreams,
But still whenever I think of those days
With passions of absolute innocence...
Teardrops slide down my cloudy eyes
Appearing to be just some water...
But actually is...
Highly condensed, liquified pain...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

is this based on some broken-affair or something like that ? though not sure about the background, but the last few lines touched the heart

Melissa said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

The poem pathetically reminds me of those days of my first crush, which does not exist in my life now, but exists in my thoughts

Unknown said...

comment to oboshyoi post korbo, jodi bolish agey je eta kake niye lekha? last paragraph ta really durdhorsho!

Dodo said...

I read the poem...superb... mindblowing... not gettin ne more adjectives... but yes, one thing to tell... don`t hv to learn this poem by heart...LOL
and yes, a GREAT START by this girl...keep it up frnd..